Thursday, August 4, 2011

Aiden: 4 weeks old

4 weeks...Aiden has discovered his voice- not his cute "cooing" voice, but his LOUD/ i am being tortured/ feed me NOW/ my diaper is SO uncomfortable/ HOLD ME voice. (yes, my son is a genius and can say all of these things...)


through crying.


Oh, sleep, i have forgotten what you feel like, what you look like, what you are! This mama is seriously sleep deprived and got a little grumpy this week. Also, to all of you people out there without babies/newborns: DO NOT CALL a momma at 7 AM. Just don't do it. (this happened, today. grrrrr)

Aiden is 4 weeks old!

with auntie madi

melting heart.

he looks exactly like my husband.

This week mama has learned:
  • swaddling is a MUST- even in this hot weather. pin those arms down and keep them in by making the blanket TIGHT.  seriously, learn how to swaddle.
  • to appreciate 8 1/2 months pregnant sleep (it may not have been comfortable, but at least i got some!)
  • babies cry. A LOT. and they so have different cries for each thing they want.
  • that breastfeeding is HARD. not just difficult, but a super challenge.  I am still learning, I am still hoping that i will have more confidence in what i am providing for my son.
    • that all i am to my son is a giant BOOB.  he is attached to me at least 23 1/2 hours a day (at least this is how it feels!)
  • newborn poop isn't so bad, it's just messy.
  • a smile from my son can make all my anxiety and grumpiness fade away instantly.  I am hoping to get a picture of one of his oh so adorable smiles for you all to 'ooh and aah' over. 

From this day forward,
Mac-boobie


p.s. birth story from 'my' perspective is half way written! i know you are so excited. 
p.p.s take a second and follow my blog!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...