Oh, sleep, i have forgotten what you feel like, what you look like, what you are! This mama is seriously sleep deprived and got a little grumpy this week. Also, to all of you people out there without babies/newborns: DO NOT CALL a momma at 7 AM. Just don't do it. (this happened, today. grrrrr)
|Aiden is 4 weeks old!|
|with auntie madi|
|he looks exactly like my husband.|
This week mama has learned:
- swaddling is a MUST- even in this hot weather. pin those arms down and keep them in by making the blanket TIGHT. seriously, learn how to swaddle.
- to appreciate 8 1/2 months pregnant sleep (it may not have been comfortable, but at least i got some!)
- babies cry. A LOT. and they so have different cries for each thing they want.
- that breastfeeding is HARD. not just difficult, but a super challenge. I am still learning, I am still hoping that i will have more confidence in what i am providing for my son.
- that all i am to my son is a giant BOOB. he is attached to me at least 23 1/2 hours a day (at least this is how it feels!)
- newborn poop isn't so bad, it's just messy.
- a smile from my son can make all my anxiety and grumpiness fade away instantly. I am hoping to get a picture of one of his oh so adorable smiles for you all to 'ooh and aah' over.
From this day forward,
p.s. birth story from 'my' perspective is half way written! i know you are so excited.
p.p.s take a second and follow my blog!