|Tummy time with Daddy|
I have had 2 bouts of mastitis- My doctor thinks i may have a lingering infection and as of Monday, put me back on antibiotics. *sad face* my right breast is the one that is suffering and it is noticeably larger than my left. None of my bras fit me, so most of the time i go bra-less or wear a bandeau. My nana is taking me bra shopping Friday!!! woot woot.
Aiden is a slowwwww and weak eater at the breast & this was very apparent when he weighed in at under his birth weight! this news was & wasn't shocking. was because i so want to be able to provide him with the nutrients and quantity that he needs via breastfeeding & i felt confident in my abilities. and wasn't because his little gdiapers have been sagging a little. so he's been on a supplemental (formula and expressed breast milk) diet. he is definitely putting on some weight and is becoming a little chubster.
i am NOT giving up. it doesn't mean i don't WANT to give up (at times) but i know the benefits of breastfeeding and just from giving him the bottle these past 3 days, i miss our nursing sessions. i miss his little body pressed against mine. i miss his arm wrapped around my side and his little eyes looking up at me. So, i ordered a supplemental nursing system and it will be here tomorrow! i'm excited to try it out and will keep you updated on how it works & if baby and me becoming a breastfeeding team again!
6 weeks have included...
- date night
- my awesome mama babysat last saturday & the hubs & i went on a sushi date. we shared a large Asahi, a small bottle of sake & lots of giggles & hand-holding.
- scene: crying, inconsolable baby. mama swaddles, shushes, holds baby on his side. baby still crying. mama walks near the T.V. (Angel game none-the-less) baby stops crying & watches the game. true story. My son obviously knows what's up. the angles lost, aiden fell asleep.
- i like my como tomo bottle. it is really a neat little bottle, but it is also leftie & rightie's enemy. he loves his bottle-quick and easy food from yaya, auntie madi, daddy. he hate my boobies at the moment- screaming and whimpering when i put him to the breast (except in the middle of the night, he'll gladly suckle and cuddle with his mama)
- baby wearing & breast pumping dinner
- tonight my husband brought home some mexican food. YUM! tonight, he wore the little mister. I pumped for the little mister. this was all while we ate our dinner. true family dinner at it's finest.
|twins. & my messy looking apartment.|
From this day forward,
mac-promises we're not slobs.