- they are adorable-as you know from my blog, my son rocks the just in his G's look constantly (it is summer...but have no fear, for winter he will rock his G's with leggings)
- no diaper rash ever!
- easy- seriously when you pre-load the diapers they are just like sposies. My husband even says they are super easy to use
- good for the environment- cloth cuts out waste & the biodegradable/flushable inserts break down in days (compared to the 500 years it will take for a disposable). My husband and i have recently begun to flush the inserts and it is SO easy.
- comfortable- the outsides are so soft and cozy. I have never tried other cloth options, but i hear these are way less bulky than the other ones.
- great Resale & trade forums. other Gparents sell & trade their diapers for a fraction of the regular cost.
- They can be used for additional children (So hoping for a girl next time bc the girl patterns and colors are super sweet).
- velcro is in the back (which is supposed to help when the little mister goes through the "must-be-naked" stage).
- Start up price- they are a bit expensive to start out, BUT if you choose to use cloth (some or most of the time) it saves you a ton of money compared to buying disposables all the time. Diapers.com has a good deal for the biodegradable inserts- you can sign up for a loyalty program and enter the code takefiver & for life you get a discount when you order the case ($47 for 160 inserts)
- For the most part you have to order them on-line. some Babies 'R' us stores carry them, Mother's market, and Wholefoods are beginning to carry the inserts.
- A few of the diapers have faded, not badly but noticeably.
- the velcro is in the back (i know i listed this as a pro)-it is a little bit awkward with a squirmy child to get the velcro secured, but i imagine the same goes with disposables...i wouldn't know though bc we have been using Gdiapers since day 1.
- I feel good about using them. I try to live a 'green' life in other areas of my life, so why not in this way too. I mean, 500 years!! We were fortunate enough to have received our start up kit/baby bundle as a baby shower gift & other diapers from my mother & boss, and some biodegradable inserts from friends because it started our little collection!
- The color & style options. I know this is silly, but it makes changing poop-filled diapers kind of fun! there are so many fun colors and adorable patterns to choose from! & they come up with new designs with each season.
From this day forward,
* I wrote this review bc i love using Gdiapers and wanted to share with other mama's interested in G's/cloth diapering. Gdiapers did not pay me to write this review and all opinions expressed here are my own.