Thursday, January 19, 2012

Baby food: cauliflower with cilantro.

We had leftover 'riced' cauliflower from this pizza crust
 
so we decided to make some baby food!

Cauliflower 'Rice' Cereal 

1. About 1 cup riced cauliflower (remember it was just leftovers).  Rice it by pulsing in the food processor or grating the  cauliflower.  steam lightly.  you can also puree the cauliflower, but I've been experimenting with textures for this little mister.
2. A few leaves of cilantro, de-stem and chop or rip into small pieces.  Herbs have many benefits for infants and they taste great too! no more bland baby food.
3. 1 ounce of heavy cream (ped's orders to fatten him up, but breast-milk or water will do)
mix all ingredients together.

He loved it.  I'm not sure how long it will stay good for because of the cream, so I plan on giving him the rest by tomorrow.  Also, hubby and I tasted it AND IT WAS SUPER DELICIOUS.  I'm going to use this recipe in place of mashed potatoes or rice as a side dish- I might even try it with some broccoli too!




Add caption
From this day forward,
Mac-chef

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...